« Technical Difficulties | Main | Technical and other Difficulties »

Poetry Slam

Jill has been familiarizing herself with the podcasting briefcase by recording some of her students' Poetry Slam presentations in class; we have been using the spare briefcase for this purpose and recordings seem to be going well. I had some issues with the audio which may have been related to where the student places the microphone on his/her person (mic too close to mouth, mic underneath clothing, lots of movement by performer causing feedback, etc.) but adjusting that sort of thing may have led to more nervousness for the performer so we'll just note it for next time. These are not to be podcasted/published in any form but are solely for the students' usage to gauge their performance; the mp3 files are delivered to students individually and not put online in any format unless the student takes the initiative to do so of their own volition. In my personal opinion, some of these really ought to end up on their MySpaces or Facebooks; they're that good!

Podcasts are so awesome, I wish more people would take the time to make these kinds of files available to everyone.

I was surfing and found a cool live podcasting system and listened to some really good artists and performers of live performances it was great, and I would have never had the chance to hear this, had I not found this free site.