Reds

Cincinnati - Great American Ballpark, right on the river.... It was a beautiful day for baseball. The beer's not getting any cheaper! Busch takes the award on that one: $8.50 for a Bud Light - I passed. Speaking of $, it appears that I departed on this road trip as gas prices shot up. I don't recall ever paying $45 to fill my gas tank!

The Reds are in the middle of their division and I brought them good luck - they won 9-3 so it was fun to see lots of action. The Twins game I attended last week had no score until the bottom of the 11th inning - yawn.... Bronson Arroyo took the mound and displayed his smooth pitching style until the bottom of the 5th inning - I think 3 more pitchers finished out the game. Ken Griffey, Jr was fun to watch, too.

Fans really show their colors at all these games - I'm the only "plain-clothed" person in the crowd!

I'm now visiting my cousin's family in Columbus and will drive to Milwaukee tomorrow - can't wait to see Miller Park and then Wrigley Field!

PIX - I've never blogged before so am learning on the fly. Sorry for the giant photos - I know I clicked "thumbnail" on the Cardinals one and it's a giant imbedded thing. I have not clue on how to change it....

Posted by vmeyer at May 7, 2007 1:09 PM