Paris police have evacuated the Eiffel Tower Tuesday after the second bomb threat made to the monument.
The Associated Press (AP) reported Paris police headquarter's had an anonymous caller phone in a bomb threat Tuesday from a telephone booth.
The Irish Times said the monument was evacuated earlier this month after a similar threat was phoned in. After police searched the scene, they found no suspicious activity. The AP reported that the monument was evacuated on Sept.14, and on Monday the Saint Lazare train station in Paris had been evacuated and searched as well.
The Irish Times said National Police Chief Frederic Pechenard made a statement last week that authorities suspect al-Quada's North African branch of the bomb threat. According to the AP, several top French officials have recently said France is on high alert for possible terror attacks.