Andy and the monster plant

| No Comments

We had a long afternoon of monitoring today. Andy and I worked together. On Andy's turn to measure we got row 35, which just happens to contain the monster plant. This plant has by far the most flowering heads in the garden. This year it has 15 fully developed heads and 2 pipsDSCF002600.JPG

It took about 40 minutes to record all the data on the plant.

DSCF000600.JPG

The top head in this picture is a dud and the lower head is a pip.

DSCF000200.JPG

Jennifer told me to take a picture of this inflorescence; so i did

DSCF000300.JPGDSCF000400.JPGDSCF000900.JPG

Some more monitoring stuff

Here is a picture of a pupa case on an Echinacea; albeit out of focus

DSCF001100.JPG

We have been calling these ant nests

DSCF001200.JPGDSCF001300.JPGDSCF001400.JPGDSCF001500.JPGDSCF001600.JPGDSCF001700.JPGDSCF002100.JPGDSCF002200.JPG

And a another thorn hopper larvae

DSCF001900.JPG

Leave a comment