Here's a quick tally of the demography data that we took in the natural remnants this summer. I think we did a lot! We took a total of 5027 records. Here they are broken down by loc status...
This is just the first rough pass through the dataset. There is a lot of clean-up to do and mysteries to figure out. For example, of the 81 "good loc, diff tag no" records, 12 have no loc and 1 has no tag (gulp).
Flowering rates seemed to be high this year. 1700 records list one or more normal flowering heads and another 223 records had only non-normal heads. There were some big plants too: two plants had 11 flowering heads and two had ten! The greatest number of rosettes was 47 (that's good ol' plant #1540 at NGC.) We counted 9276 total rosettes.
The summer field season is done for me. We drove back to Illinois on Saturday. I'll try to post reviews of the datasets occasionally and maybe some photos too.
Jennifer is the only one still in the field. She is harvesting seedheads today & tomorrow, then returning to IL.