Here's a list of ideas for independent or group projects that we discussed today.
1. Improve procedure for mapping seedlings in remnants.
2. Investigate new aphid biology: distribution, behavior, ant associates, et cetera.
3. Investigate biology and behavior of native bees:
flight distances in CG
pollination behavior Echinacea in CG
distribution with next boxes
4. Do "Time lapse" photography of Echinacea heads to visualize floral development.
5. Pollen collection from plants to develop identification key (with pollen collection from bees to assess generalization/specialization.
6. Quantify plant species richness in remnants, experimental plots, local preserves.
7. Map distribution of Echinacea's co flowering species (Thistles, sweet clover, Coreopsis)
Kite or pole aerial photography
8. Collect seed of Stipa spartea or Dalea purpurea for common garden study.
9. There are many more possibilities...