We're off to a great start this season. We've made good progress on our ongoing projects and folks are well on their way with their independent projects. We had better keep moving because the earliest plant in the Common Garden started flowering on the 21st!
Here's a list of independent projects for Summer 2010:
- Laura: Phenology of midsummer prairie plants
- Josh: Movement of Stipa spartea seeds
- Lauren & Hillary: Performance of aphids on Echinacea and other plants
- Katie: Efficiency of common Echincaea pollinators
- Ian: Flowering phenology and mating compatibility
- Greg: Breeding systems in the Asteraceae
- Gretel: Reciprocal pollen interference between Heliopsis and Echinacea
I attached a pdf file of our ongoing projects.