Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post. How time flies.
- Friday the 25th my seed envelopes (of remnant and restoration plants) arrived all sorted from IL. Thanks to my father and all the volunteers for working so hard to get that all done! Great job!
- We finished measuring the first 9 trays of my seed plugs. I think almost eveyone in the team has been helping with this, so my thanks are profuse to you all.
- Laura and I have been working hard to sort all of the purchased seeds into coin envelopes. (30 envelops for each species and source (3 species/3 sources) = 270 envelopes; 20 seeds per envelope = 5,400 seeds).
- Laura and I have also been working on her project together. It's a lot of fun to visit her remnant sites and see how the floral neighborhoods change over time. Her data's going to be very exciting!
- Early this week I was given verbal permission to plant my 10x10 meter plots of seeds and plugs at Hegg Lake, Runestone Park, and Bob Mahoney's. I will hopefully have all the paperwork done soon for that!
- I've spent some time working on FNC and pollinator data, but not nearly enough. Hopefully, I'll be able to devote more time to it soon, especially because I have less than 3 weeks to finish putting together my poster! Eeep!
The big goal is to get my plants in the ground ASAP! To that end:
- Today, Laura and I will be marking out my plots.
- We need to finish measuring the 2nd group of 9 flats. It's particularly important to get the Alive/Dead status for each plug, so I can plan for next week. I hope I can wrangle up more volunteers here, although I know everyone is working hard on their own projects. (Btw, special shout out to Lauren and Hillery who've been helping a lot with this!)
- I need to assemble my data to create new envelope labels with the location information for the plots, I'm hoping to get that done and and envelopes labeled by the end of the weekend.
Parents are arriving today for a 4th of July visit! Hopefully they'll get here in time to enjoy burger night at the K-town bar and grill, but if not they can meet everyone Friday morning.
We will be exploring Starbuck Heritage Days on Saturday (people are free to join us). There will be fireworks at 10 pm.