HIPAA

What is HIPAA (briefly)? Do you think it is a good and useful law or it is just more annoyance, paperwork and redtape?
In what way would HIPAA make a difference in your health science field?

Blogging About Blogging

Thanks for blogging about ethics in technical communication this semester! Blogging has fulfilled a requirement for this course (ethics) and it has helped me learn how to set-up a blog. I will be blogging with freshman next semester (a freshman comp class with for health science majors) about ethics in health care. Please give me feedback on how to make the blogging better. I hope to have them replying to each other posts...but I am not sure what else would be helpful. Thanks for your feedback. Also--do any of your classes have facebook groups? What do you think of that possibility? Thanks Again.
-erin

The Challenger Disaster and Others

Do you believe that communication and technical writing played a significant role in the explosion of the challenger shuttle as well as other disasters? Do you see it as 50/50 communication and science, or 40/60? How do these disasters inform your own technical communication work?

Ethics, Nail Guns and Technical Writing

After reading the article, whose at fault for these injuries and deaths? Does it come down to the technical communicator? Should technical writers be put in jail for sloppy work? Is the company ultimately at fault? What do you think?

Ethics of Expedience

What is your reaction to this article on the ethic of the post-industrial workplace? Do you think Katz is right in questioning the place of speed and efficiency? Do you think he goes to far when he compares the everyday American workforce to that of the Nazis? Were you offended by his study and article (if so why)?

Ethics

What do you think ethics in the workplace means? When you hear the word ethics what do you think of? Give a situation in which you think ethics are at work

Welcome Students

Welcome to 3562W