« Accessing Public Documents | Main | The Future of Journalism »

Yeltsin Lead a Nation through post-Soviet Disarray

1931-2007
moscow russia.jpg

In an article from the Star Tribune, Boris Yeltsin's legacy as Russia's first freely elected leader is outlined and acknowledged. The reformer who broke up the U.S.S.R. died Monday at the age of 76. He brought his country out of more than seven decades of socialist economic planning and communist party rule.

The New York Times article describes Yeltsin's legacy with raw language:

His leadership was erratic and often crude, and the democrat often ruled in the manner of a czar. He embarked upon a harsh military operation to subdue the breakaway republic of Chechnya.

Both of the authors face the challenge of portraying Yeltsin in a a light that is characteristic of his rule while at the same time delivering an image of this leader that offers up some level of respect and admiration in acknowledgment of his contribution to history. The New York Times article in this specific event offers elaborate and extensive footage, images, and historical knowledge of this man's life. For those who are unfamiliar with Boris Yeltsin's legacy as the first elected leader of Russia, it is beneficial to read either of these articles for they both offer substantial assessments of his political life.

[url=][/url]

[url=][/url]

[url=][/url]

[url=][/url]

[url=][/url]

I've to say, I dont know if its the clashing colours or the bad grammar, but this weblog is hideous! I mean, I dont need to sound like a know-it-all or anything, but could you might have possibly put just a little bit a lot more effort into this subject. Its truly interesting, but you dont represent it properly at all, man.