Create Entry

If you're working at the 2nd floor desk and you find that the printer is saying that it's jamming A LOT, but you're not finding paper jammed in the machine, check the green guides in all the trays, especially Tray 1. The green guides hold the paper snugly and should be lined up with the mark for "8 1/2". If it's off the mark, the printer will be unable to pick up a page with its rollers.

If you are re-filling paper, that would be an excellent time to make sure that these guides are aligned correctly.

See photos for comparison:

tray1-good.jpg

tray2-bad.jpg

We wish you a merry gate counts
We wish you a merry gate counts
We wish you a merry gate counts
And a happy finals week!

Congratulations on making it through the semester, and please remember that hourly gate counts start this Sunday and run through Saturday.

This is a repost from last year because I am lazy! Muahahahahahaha!

"Now that you've all done your monster-mashing and graveyard smashing, its time for everybody's REAL favorite time of year. Hourly Gate Counts Season!

Running from Sunday, November 2nd to Saturday, November 6th, the 2014 Gate Count Season is almost upon us. So while you're sipping your gate count flavored coffees and playing games like bobbing for gate counts, please don't forget to record the gate counts every hour.

Because before you know it, Gate Count Season will be over! :'-( And you don't want to miss out on the action!"

Hi Everyone,
I have an important presentation coming up this Saturday, October 11th, and I would really appreciate it if someone could cover the morning of that Saturday at the basement desk. I have posted the shift on the tradeboard, and I am willing to trade for another day!
Please take a look, and let me know.
Thanks!
Miriam

Did you know that the trash can below the desensitizing machine at the 2nd floor desk is only emptied once a week (we hope)? If you eat at the desk - and I'm not saying you should - please dispose of any food material in the large gray trash bins, not the short, black ones. That way we can avoid funky smells. :)

smelly-face.jpg

I got a bad case of the Fall Semesters, and the only prescription is MORE GATE COUNTS!

Hourly gate counts start Sunday, September 21st and run through Saturday. Please remember to take the gate counts at the top of every hour! Any questions can be directed to Amy or Tim. Thanks!

Hey everyone!

I signed up to take my GRE exam (for Grad school applications) at 12:30 on September 20th in Eau Claire, Wisconsin (near where my family lives, about an hour and a half / two hours from the Twin Cities) several weeks ago, however this coming semester it looks like I am scheduled to work Fridays 4-9 and Saturdays 9:45-2, and its a non-refundable test. The schedule for the week of September 15th is not posted yet but I wanted to at least make sure I was able to trade my Saturday shift with someone. It would be ideal as well if someone could at least pick up the tail end of my Friday shift too (maybe 7-9?) just so that I can make the drive home and get well rested before the test, but the essential one to change would be the Saturday shift. If anyone wants to either trade it for another shift in the future (I'm free basically any Sunday as long as I know in advance) or else just if someone wants to pick it up for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Let me know if you are interested either in person or by emailing me at hule0016@umn.edu and we can make sure the switch happens.

Thank you!

Ben

Gate Counts A Palooza

It's the dog days of summer, which means it's that time again. Time for Gate Counts-A-Palooza! Games, rides, tickets, a giant stuffed panda that you can't possibly carry all day.
Ok, well, none of that stuff. But you still get to collect those fabulous gate counts!

Sunday, August 17th through Saturday August 23rd.

Stay cool out there my book worms,
Tim

MOAR GATE COUNTS!

Gate counts start THIS Sunday, July 6th and run through Saturday, July 12th.

That is all. At ease troops. And Happy 4th of July. Happy Birthday America!

It's dangerous to go alone, take an hourly gate count with you!

Starting this Sunday, June 8th, please take the hourly gate counts through Saturday, July 14th. Thanks so much!
Tim

December 2014

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      

Subscribe to Blog