Customer service surveys are being distributed at Bio-Medical, Magrath, Walter, and Wilson Library service points. When assisting users at the desk, staff should ask if the person is willing to fill out a survey. The surveys are meant to be anonymous. Patrons should place the completed survey in a box which will be at each desk beginning Monday, March 22. The purpose of the survey is to gather current user perceptions of service. The survey will run for 7 days.
Amy Lewis: March 2010 Archives
Aleph will be down this weekend to upgrade the Aleph database and software. Beginning Saturday, 3/20:
- Do not open Aleph. Instead, check-in and check-out all library materials using Offline Circulation. Offline Circulation is only on one computer at the basement desk (the one closest to the network printer). To open Offline Circulation, double click on the Offline Aleph icon on the desktop.
- 2nd Floor staff should refer all users wanting to check-out materials to the basement desk. All transactions must occur on the designated computer.
- Basement staff should check-in returns using Offline Circulation. After checking them in, place ALL RETURNS, Walter, Wilson, Magrath books, Walter Reserves, SMART Videos, etc., on the designated shelves behind the Reserve collections. The shelves will be clearly labeled.
- Patrons will be unable to access "Your Account" and there will be no Get It/Recall functionality.
- There will be no shelving or pickup over the weekend. Duties will be reassigned.
On Monday, continue using Offline Circulation until given the all-clear. Please let us know if you have questions. Thank you!
Spring Break schedules (SAT March 13-SAT March 20) are ready to be picked up. They are on the shelf in Mary's office.
**** Note: We go back to the regular Spring Semester Schedule/Hours on SUNDAY, MARCH 21.****