Create Entry

Recently in Hours Category

Attention student staff!

Walter Great Hall and Walter room 208 will be open 24 hours starting today, Friday, May 3 at 8am and going through Saturday, May 18 at 6pm. Levels B, S, F, 204 (SMART LC) and 206 (Reference) will not be open 24 hours, no matter how many times the students ask.

There is an alarm door between room 208 and room 206 that needs to be armed at midnight and disarmed at 8am. Full-time staff will handle this Monday-Friday, but we need your help doing this on Saturdays and Sundays.

If you are opening or closing the 2nd Floor desk on Saturday and Sunday from now through May 18th, this is your duty. The key you use is the W1 key (on the key ring at the second floor desk).

If you are working the 2nd floor till close Saturday or Sunday night:
At midnight, please use the W1 key to arm the security door into room 206. Turn the key clockwise. The light should flash and there should be one very loud beep.

If you opening the 2nd floor desk Saturday or Sunday morning:

At 8am, please use the W1 key to disarm the door into room 206. Turn the key counterclockwise. Depress the bar to make sure it is unarmed.

If you need help, the security monitors can assist you.

Please contact me (march026@umn.edu or 612-624-3535) or Tim (engel356@umn.edu or 612-624-3897) if you have questions.

Thanks! (And good luck with finals!)

Hi folks!

I realize many of you will likely have plans over spring break. Since I'll be on campus for it, I wanted to offer to take anyone's shifts that they don't want over the course of break. I already took one person's shifts on March 15th, but I can take any other ones!

If you want me to take your shift, send me an email with the day, times, and what you're scheduled to do, and also post it on the tradeboard. My email is Lusty004@umn.edu.

Thanks and have a great break!

-Leif

Hey guys,

Posting this as far in advance as possible to try and get these shifts off. The shift is from 5-9 on the respective dates and is just easy desk work. I know Friday's aren't the most fun to be working, but they don't run particularly late and no one bothers you. I need to get these off so I can go to my girlfriend's spring formal and so I can get home for Spring Break, so it's a good cause too.

Post here or email me at ford0360@umn.edu if you can help. It would be greatly appreciated, and I would be happy to pick up a shift of yours if need be in the future or what not.

Jason

Hey folks! Want to help a guy out? Also want to make a couple bucks? Then listen up!

I do volunteer work at the Raptor Center in St. Paul on Saturdays, feeding eagles and falcons and such. Unfortunately, they are holding a mandatory, formalized training session tomorrow at 6 PM...right smack in the middle of my mail shift! I need to duck out at 5, so I can catch the connector and get there in time.

I consulted with my supervisor about this, and it seems that yes, I do need to attend this in order to continue my volunteer work on Saturdays. So, I hate that this is short notice, but if someone would want to come in for a couple hours, and take on the mail, that'd be awesome. I'll even work with you to do a trade, so you could get out of your weekend shift earlier(!) if you wanted to.

Let me know what works! And thanks if you can do it!

-Leif

Memorial_Day_Title_1.pngWalter Library will be CLOSED on Monday, May 28 in observance of Memorial Day.

Hey guys,

I have a flight home to catch for Spring Break, so if anyone could pick up my shift from 11-4 this Friday that'd be excellent. You can have the hours straight up or I can trade for one of your shifts if that works for you.

Thanks,
Jason

Hey again,
This Saturday I will be unable to cover my 9:45-2:00 2nd floor opening shift and was hoping someone would pick it up. Due to four exams this week, I will be unable to trade for any shift this week but will be able to work for anyone the nights of next week (after Sun.). If someone could pick this up it would be great and really help out a lot. This shift is on the tradeboard.

Thanks,
Michael

Hey again,

Need Shift Covered

Hey guys,
On Feb. 18th my family will be coming to town and it would be great if I could get my weekend shift covered. The shift is on Saturday the 18th and is the opening shift at the 2nd desk. It runs from 9:45-2:00. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could either switch with me or just pick it up altogether.

Thanks,
Michael

Want a day off?

Hey Walter friends! I haven't worked here regularly in a while, but I'm trying to pick up some extra shifts whenever I can for some extra cash. I don't usually check this blog at home, and I try to frequent the tradeboard on whentowork, but I just want to let you all know that if you need a shift covered, don't hesitate to contact me! Weekends are usually best, and evenings. I'm pretty booked during the day and Wednesday nights. Anyway, I'm happy to pick up shifts whenever I'm available, so email me: trau0086@umn.edu or text me 651-269-1063.

Thanks!
Taylor

Subscribe to Blog