Frederick R. Weisman Art Museum
visiting
events calendar
exhibits
audio
collection
public art on campus
get involved
architecture & history
Weisman Expansion
Hindsight blog

Muse on participatory democracy and the roles of all citizens including students, artists, the media, and of course, politicians. Presented by the Weisman Art Museum with the exhibition "Hindsight is Always 20/20".

Hindsight From 2020

It has been just over four weeks since the election, and like many people I have been paying close attention to the news, analyses, and commentaries as President-elect Obama assembles his cabinet and begins to elaborate his vision for governing the country. Political scientists are typically concerned with trying to understand and analyze contemporary events and issues, but Luke DuBois’s work in Hindsight is Always 20/20 has me thinking about retrospective analyses and evaluations, in particular about what “hindsight? from the year 2020 will illuminate about Barack Obama's administration and about American politics more generally.

Continue reading "Hindsight From 2020" »

Who Makes Change?

There has been a lot of talk this election about “who makes change?? – John McCain or Barack Obama. For the last several weeks, I’ve been traveling across “middle America? (Georgia, Tennessee, Kansas, upstate New York, Connecticut, as well as Minnesota) to promote my recent book, The Citizen Solution: How You Can Make a Difference. This has made me more convinced than ever that this is the wrong conversation.

Continue reading "Who Makes Change?" »

search

Subscribe to this blog's feed
RSS 2.0
[What is this?]

Powered by
Movable Type 4.31-en