I have been busy for a month

I did not have chance coming back to my weblog in the past month. It was an extremely busy month for me. I worked more than 14 hours each day for the following things: revising my thesis according to my advisor's suggestions (finally it is done and has been reviewed by the comittee); preparing a geomechanics seminar on May 7 for the Cook Award; Working on the paper and presentation for IABEM 2004 conference, which will be held at the University of Minnesota during May 24~May 26 (my advisor is the organizer); and so on.

Posted by wang0463 at 11:32 PM

I need feedback for my PhD thesis

It is already two months (from the date, Feb. 13) since I gave the draft of my PhD thesis to Professor Crouch. Unfortunately, I have not received any feedback from him yet. I have no idea how long it will take him to finish reading my thesis. My oral defense was orginally schduled in April, but now it seems that I have to defer it to May.

Posted by wang0463 at 12:07 PM

The last concubine

Start watching a recent Chinese TV drama: "the concubine of the last emperor."

concubine.jpg

Posted by wang0463 at 11:58 AM

Start my weblog

It is great that the university allows us to set up our own web logs, which is free of cost and free of ads. I have tried to build a similar one on my personal web site: http://www.cs.umn.edu/~jianlin, but that was not as easy to use as this one. The only thing I need to do now is to add a link to this page on my personal webpage.

Posted by wang0463 at 11:16 AM