Welcome to my portfolio!

Here's a little information about myself.

My name is Mark Warner and I am a junior at the University of Minnesota Duluth. Originally, I am from the small farming community of Blue Earth, Minnesota, but I have lived in Duluth for the past three years. I plan to graduate in the spring of 2010 with degrees in Journalism and Communication.

Last summer, I worked in the sports department of the Duluth News Tribune and enjoyed the experience thoroughly. Upon graduation, it is my strong desire to continue my involvement in the world of sports journalism. During my time at UMD I have accumulated a number of skills that will undoubtedly assist me in this pursuit. For example, in addition to publishing written articles, I have experience with multimedia work and I look forward to further learning the new technologies necessary to be a journalist in today's ever-changing news industry.

Sports hold a special place in our society and in my heart. No other setting allows people from diverse backgrounds or upbringings to forget their differences for an hour or two and enjoy the lighter side of life and competition so easily. I love capturing this on in writing and would love to do so for the foreseeable future.

Thank you for your time.

Mark Warner