« 60 dead after a boat capsized off the coast of Guinea. | Main | Sexually Transmitted diseases climbed to a record high last year. »

Halle Berry admits to Parade Magazine that she attempted suicided in her past.

CNN reported Oscar-winning actress Halle Berry says in a magazine interview that she was so depressed after her 1997 breakup with ex-husband and baseball star David Justice that she tried to take her own life.

In this upcoming issue of Parade magazine, Berry says that since then and after a second divorce, she has learned to take control of her own life.

In the magazine she stated "I was sitting in my car, and I knew the gas was coming when I had an image of my mother finding me," Berry says of the suicide attempt. "She sacrificed so much for her children, and to end my life would be an incredibly selfish thing to do, CNN reported.

Yahoo news.com reported Berry describes her second marriage, to singer
Eric Benet, as "really horrific." "We were in sex rehab after one year. I wish I had left then, but I was putting everyone's needs before mine," she says.

For the past year, Berry has been dating model Gabriel Aubry and says she is now ready to have a child.

"Now my sights are set on a different chapter in my life, which is motherhood. That's the goal I have very clearly set for myself," she says.