Two weeks...

The past few weeks of my life have been rather hectic in regards to school so I apologize for the lack in updates. Then again, I'm not too sure how interesting it would have been for you all to read updates about schoolwork so I guess I spared you that bit. Like I said, school has been super hectic--and super stressful--all because I'm on the final stretch of my semester abroad (in terms of school that is). I have major projects in every one of my courses as well as a few tests/exams to prepare for, but that's just how the end of the semester goes. It's funny thinking back on my time here in Australia and realizing how fast it has actually gone by. I still feel as though I just got here maybe a month ago, but in reality, I've been here for almost four months now (more like three and a half) and school is ending in two weeks. TWO WEEKS. It's still hard to wrap my head around that one. In two weeks time, I will have my third semester of college completed and then have a month in Australia to travel and explore and really take in the whole cultural aspect of things. I am very excited to say the least.

I figured I'd give you all an idea of what my life looks like at the moment in regards to everything I have for school within the next two weeks......

• Typographic Design--Design a 20 page booklet for a music festival

• Digital Print Design--Design a 24 page booklet about Australian Busk Tucker (bushfood / plants native to Australia); Final Exam

• Jewellery and Small Objects--Finish up the cover I am making for my Dive Log (it is turning out really well so far); Artist Statement; Visual Diary

• Music in Contemporary Contexts--Listening/Reading test; Final Exam

So yeah...I have quite a bit on my plate for the next two weeks, but I have a really good start on everything so I should be completely fine. It will still be pretty stressful though I'm guessing just because of the amount of stuff I have to get done, but I'll manage. And once I'm done with all of my schoolwork, I'll upload pictures of all of my projects that I've done while over here...I figured it'd be good to show you guys what I've spent a lot of my time doing :)

But enough about school....

Remember that Gotye drawing I had mentioned in the previous entry? Well I finished it and I am absolutely loving how it turned out. I just don't know how I'm getting it home seeing as it is at least 2ft by 3ft haha. Anyways, here's a picture of the final outcome:

Gotye2.jpg

And now onto even more exciting news....well not fully...just a brief intro to my next post...

Last night was one of the best nights of my entire life. I saw Mumford & Sons live in the Brisbane City Botanic Gardens, on the Riverstage. My next post will be dedicated to last night's pure brilliance. (I'll have it up later today)

Until then, here's a glimpse of my amazing night:

Mumford3.jpg

Cheers!!