Recently in Byron Bay Category

Fins to left, fins to the right

My weekend getaway to Byron Bay was absolutely amazing. 4 dives, wonderful people, and breathtaking views...both on land and underwater. It was the first time testing out my own underwater camera, which I was excited about. A lot of the photos ended up a bit blurry and the video I shot was a bit shaky, but hey it was my first time with my camera. Anyways, I put together what footage I got from the weekend into a short video....I figured it'd be a cool way to show you all the world I love. The quality of this link isn't the best because I had to compress it a lot in order to be able to upload it and not use up a lot of my internet usage, but you'll get the gist of what I did this weekend. Here's the link to the video:

Dive Trip Video

And here's the link to the photo album from this weekend:

Dive Trip Photos

Cheers!

Back to the sea

After a very long, stressful, and sleepless week I finally get to go diving again. I cannot wait to wetsuit-up, grab all my scuba gear, and take that giant stride back into the deep blue. For the next two days, I will be back in Byron Bay, diving the site I was supposed to on my first trip there. There's a huge chance we will get to see sharks and a slight chance to catch a glimpse of a whale or hear one as its passing by. After this past week of midterms I definitely need this mini break away from school and the city. Unfortunately, my midterms are not quite over. I still have one more critique and test on Monday, which means my weekend away isn't one completely free of school. Whenever I'm not in the water diving or out taking pictures, I will be studying away for my Music in Contemporary Contexts test and putting together a short overview of my first Typography project. Even with having to do school work over my mini-trip, I am still super excited to be back in the water...especially because I now have my own underwater camera to take photos and videos with! Now I will be able to show more of the world I love so dearly. Diving with a camera will definitely take some getting used--many of my first pictures will turn out blurry I'm guessing--but I am excited nevertheless.

Stay tuned for pictures from my little weekend getaway!

Cheers!

I'd like to go where the pace of life's slow....

and that place would be none other than Byron Bay...a little surfer town where everything is super chill and relaxed.

On the weekend of the 20th-22nd of July, I took a trip to the little town of Byron in New South Whales with a group of other international students from Griffith Uni. The trip was run by a group called Extreme Adventures, who run multiple tours through Australia and New Zealand. Our 'chaperones' for the weekend were Leigh and Dan and they were a bunch of really great guys. Overall, the trip was an unforgettable experience that I'm glad to have taken part of. Just like my orientation week in Cairns, a lot of things were cram packed into a few days and it would get a bit lengthy to explain everything in text....so what I'm going to do is post a list of everything we did, followed by photos. If you want more detailed descriptions of the various events, shoot me an email or drop a comment in the box below.

The list of events:
Friday--
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
Cape Byron Lighthouse Hike
Cheeky Monkey
Saturday--
Surf lesson
Explore Byron
BBQ at the hostel
Sunday--
WAS SUPPOSED TO GO SEA KAYAKING AND SCUBA DIVING (got cancelled due to weather)
Bangalow Markets
Nimbim

Time for pictures!!! (full album here: Byron Photos)

currumbin2.jpg

Thumbnail image for currumbin13.jpg

currumbin24.jpg

Ok, so I've been trying to upload more pictures from my trip to Byron in this post, but for some reason it's not letting me. I can edit everything else on my blog but I can't get the uploading of files to work. For now just follow the link to my full album on facebook if you'd like to see more of Byron (which I encourage because there are some pretty sweet photos from my hike to the most eastern point of Oz!)