Recently in Diving Category

One week...

That's right. Only one week until I board that plane and head on home to Minnesota. I know I haven't updated this in a while...I've just been super busy traveling and trying to fit in as many things as I can before I leave. That being said, A LOT has happened since I last posted on here. I've been to Sydney, Melbourne, the Great Ocean Road, Cairns, and the Great Barrier Reef. It has been a complete blast and I've seen some incredible things. I'm not going to post a huge entry right now about all of my travels because I am very tired (I flew back from Cairns/my dive trip this afternoon-evening)...but I do have my photos from my dive trip already up on facebook. So if you want, you can check those out here: Spirit of Freedom trip

The trip was one of the best trips I've ever taken in my life. It was four days out on the ocean, with 3 of the days filled with diving. All we did was dive and eat and sleep. We would get up in the morning, have breaky (breakfast), dive, 2nd breaky, dive, lunch, dive, snack, dive, dinner, dive, dessert, sleep, repeat. It was absolutely spectacular and I still wish I was on the boat (Spirit of Freedom). The crew were wonderful and meeting all of the other divers was great... especially because they were from all over the world. There were people from Germany, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Chile (I think), the UK, the US. It was such an interesting experience getting to hear all of their stories of different dives they've done around the world and it made me fall in love with diving all over again. I'm just so happy that I started diving as young as I did because now I have the rest of my life to continue with it. I was the youngest passenger on the boat by at least 10 years I think...but that didn't even matter because diving people are the best type of people around and we all get along no matter what the age difference is.

I still have to go through my photos from Sydney/Melbourne and get them uploaded, but I've just been pretty busy with doing last minute things, taking Brisbane in and enjoying the city I've called home as much as I can these past few weeks. I am very excited to be home though. I can't wait to see all of my family and friends that I have not seen for over five months.

I hope to post another update on here tomorrow or Sunday, so until then... cheers!

Fins to left, fins to the right

My weekend getaway to Byron Bay was absolutely amazing. 4 dives, wonderful people, and breathtaking views...both on land and underwater. It was the first time testing out my own underwater camera, which I was excited about. A lot of the photos ended up a bit blurry and the video I shot was a bit shaky, but hey it was my first time with my camera. Anyways, I put together what footage I got from the weekend into a short video....I figured it'd be a cool way to show you all the world I love. The quality of this link isn't the best because I had to compress it a lot in order to be able to upload it and not use up a lot of my internet usage, but you'll get the gist of what I did this weekend. Here's the link to the video:

Dive Trip Video

And here's the link to the photo album from this weekend:

Dive Trip Photos

Cheers!