Stress, school, and what life?

Every time a new class begins there is that anticipation deep within your stomach for the first test. Will I sit down and not even be able to understand the questions or did I miss the major concepts? Then the first test comes and everyone breathes a sigh of relief. The questions are just like any other and we all return to our usually routines. For somepeople that is studying during the day and going out in the evening. For others that means catching 6 hours of sleep instead of 3 they had become acustom to. For me that means I will study from the time class ends until I go to sleep at night. I will get 7 hours of sleep at night. But the fact remains for me that I still do not devote the time to me that I would like to or need to. My husband still lives 3 hours away and trips to visit him occur only for special occassions. We will talk on the phone, but the thought of neuroanatomy always lingers in my head and causes conversations to end prematurely. Balance.....hmmm......this word is still alludes me. I have been called the biggest geek, loser, and nerd and laugh it off. But just below the surface I yearn for balance and enjoyment in my life. I miss my family and friends whom I have abandone to travel this road. I believe in my heart that I will achieve this thing they call balance someday, but how will I begin.

Continue reading "Stress, school, and what life?" »