Skip navigation.

Topic: Administrivia

End

While this site will stay as it is for the foreseeable future, I will be focusing my documentary efforts at aaronwestre.com from now on. I'm leaving this site as-is to serve as a record of my sparsely documented time as a graduate student at the University of Minnesota.

Posted on 4:15 PM by westr015 Administrivia

Topic: Administrivia

What's the deal with this crappy web design?

It could be the lack of time, or just bad taste, but I need to spiff this site up a bit. I don't think it needs an overhaul, maybe just a new font. Anyone have any ideas?

Posted on 3:49 PM by westr015 Administrivia

Topic: Administrivia

Long Time No Blog

After a busy spell (excuses, excuses) I'm attempting to get back into the blogging habit. I've finally got some time to try out some ideas with MovableType templates and UThink RSS feeds. More to come.

Posted on 3:39 PM by westr015 Administrivia

Topic: Administrivia

New Look

I changed the design of the site today. It still needs quite a bit of polishing, but I think it turned out pretty well. The header and footer images are from An Illustrated History of Computers .

Posted on 4:23 PM by westr015 Administrivia

Topic: Administrivia

Connections

The University Libraries have a MovableType installation! They've called it UThink. Isn't it handy to have a ready prefix for everything? Any member of the U community can just up and start a blog. How very democratic of them.
There are of course other options out there, but I think it's a great idea to have a community-centric blogging tool like this.
My name is Aaron Westre. I'm a web designer/developer for The Graduate School and the Office of the Vice President for Research here at the University. I'd like to use this space to explore information architecture, design and how web technology can act as a catalyst in connecting people and ideas.
If you have any suggestions or comments, let me know by leaving a comment, or sending me an e-mail at: westr015@umn.edu.

Posted on 10:11 PM by westr015 Administrivia

Powered by Movable Type 4.31-en.

The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Minnesota.