Meeting Minutes 06/19/2007
Attending: Aaron, Katie, Angie, David
- David has retrieved details on AIA-MN's advertising rates. $540 base rate for 1/3 of a page. What are the issues? Conflict of interest? Is it an academic journal if it contains advertising?
- We need one. David wrote up a draft. Copyright is a question. Creative Commons options?
- Last year's winners are willing to do a Q & A.
- Need a survey of architectural/design publications, regionally and nationally. Include academic journals, magazines, etc. Where do we fit? Who are we most similar to? What differentiates us from the rest?
- Strengths and opportunitues / Weaknesses and roadblocks
- What are the copyright issues?
- What are other regulatory issues?
- How do we fit in the U? What are the content restrictions? What are other restrictions?
- Position descriptions.
- Curriculum plan, how to fit with accreditation needs, credits, etc.
- Marketing and sales strategies. Money from direct sales, advertising dollars, customer list...
- Full schedule for each year: hard and soft deadlines.
- Finances: break-even plan, profit plan.
- A list of students, donors, and others involved in the past.
- Professional consultant.