« May 2004 | Main | July 2004 »

Thick as a Brick

My dad, Robert L. West, tells me that this week he discovered he was being sued. He wasn't specific, but I think it was when the sheriff showed up at his house. He went to the courthouse to figure out what was going on and discovered the following:

A man used to live next door to a Robert Lee West. This Robert Lee had dismantled a shed or something and left bits in the man's yard and then moved away. So the man decided to sue. He went to the phone book, found the first Robert L. listed and sued him. My dad. Not the actual culprit. My dad went to the man's house, knocked on the door, introduced himself and asked him why he was suing him. The man blanched and said, "Oh, wait, I don't know you." It was then that he told my dad his methodology for the suit. Daddy told him that there were 3 Robert L. Wests in town and of the remaining two, one was a preacher, so perhaps the man should try a more systematic approach unless he wanted to really push his luck with a creator known to have a temper.

Through a tremendous effort of will, Daddy did not say at very high volume "You utter, utter moron!!!! Do you have any idea how irresponsible and stupid you are? How much hassle this is for me? How ridiculous the whole idea is, even if you had got the right Robert??"

I pointed out that Daddy could probably sue him for emotional distress. Daddy's clearly still steaming because, while he laughed at that like the joke it was, there was a little edge there that makes me think he might do it just to teach the guy a lesson...

TO DO ASAP

get the info on elements to add to the ascii output Robert.

June Schedule

June Schedule

Grandma's Irises

Too bad I'm not a better photographer, but you get the idea (3 pictures total):
iri2.gif

I believe the light blue is Altruist, the pink you can't really see I'm not sure, the maroon Renaissance Fair and the purple Mulled Wine.

eagle.gif

The blue and white is Eagle's Flight, the maroon Renaissance Fair and the purple Mulled Wine.

iri4.jpg

The pink might be Beverly Sills, but I'm not positive; the dark one is either Night Ruler or Dusky Challenger and the blue is Altruist again.