« December 2004 | Main | February 2005 »

I heart invasions

My prediction on how we're going to invade Iran without having to leave Iraq: we'll only *pretend* to leave when asked by the very likely winning Shiite slate and just head next door.

When the fight spills over into Iraq, as it very likely will given the religious fellow-feeling of the Iraqi Shiites with Iranian Shiites, then we'll claim justification for heading back in!

From My Dad on Friday

While looking up something on Google today, I was treated, via a side bar, to the "FUN FACT" reproduced below.

Fun Fact:
-Sept 13] Hurricane David, kills 1200 in Florida, Domincana & Dom Rep

I offer this as proof that computers are really quite fed up with their human operators.

Knew I could count on our esteemed leaders

Knew I could count on our esteemed leaders for a little something to comment on:

The Washington Post is running a story today that says that the White House, for the first time (maybe ever, maybe just in a while), is refusing to reimburse the District of Columbia for inauguration costs and suggests that DC use some of it's homeland security funding to cover the expenses instead.

See http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A63896-2005Jan10.html. (Registration required).

So glad the current administration cares about the safety of the people...

Who Knew

Who knew someone who talks as much as I do would have so little to say on her blog...