« April 2007 | Main | June 2007 »

Snowdrop Anemone - 5/13/07

These guys are at least living up to their rep as ground cover. I plan to let them do as they wish - they're so pretty and they give the weeds some competition. Even though you can't see it, the hostas behind are also doing quite well and I will be dividing this fall to have 2 full layers of them. Yay! I'm also going to divide and move a little to the north the pulsatilla (at the end of the tulips to the right hand side of the screen). Same for the companula on the other end of the tulips.

snowdrop07.jpg

Ajuga Reptans - 5/13/07

I bought this because it's supposed to be a ground cover. However, over the last 4 years, it's been more of a ground migrator than anything else. I suppose if it doesn't start filling in this year, I'll break down and buy some more...
ajuga07.jpg

Wedding Tulips

Lost most colors except for the striped and the deep pink. Still pretty though...

weddingtulips07.jpg

Narcissus Recurvus and Apricot Beauty Tulip

Neither of these did much last year and I'm down to one bloom from the tulips, but the narcissus did much better this year. No sign of the lovely pink bulb that came up in 2005. The blooms were a little earlier this year - this picture was taken 4/29/07 and in 2005, I've got them as 5/4/07.

specialtybulbs.jpg