Tuesday, July 27th

It seems like it's been a long week. My dog has generally been really good. In fact, the dog has been so much fun that I hardly want to think about school. I have to specifically set aside time in order to get things done. Anyway, I don't feel like writing in the blog. I really don't like that other people - actually anyone - can read my crazy thoughts. I keep a journal for the specific reason that no one else needs to be exposed to my crazy thoughts. I even felt uncomfortable reading other people's blogs in class yesterday. I thought "Oh! That's their internal dialog! Isn't it disrespectful to read it??" However, the presentation was fantastic yesterday. I am still thinking about the role of moderator. I am a thinker and would really appreciate the time to consider the online discussion and then craft a post. In my classroom discussions it's much different. I find that many times we just need to be in "idea generation" mode. I bring up questions that don't have a specific answer or resolution and the class generates far reaching ideas or questions about the topic. I think it would take a lot of scaffolding for them to reach the point of commenting on other's ideas in order to craft a solution that is acceptable to all. Or maybe in online discussions there is no solution. I guess it could be both.

Posted by whal0039 at July 27, 2004 7:54 AM