Doua Chee Yang 12-27-12
South Africa, Here I Come!
Online Blog #1
Hello, Hello, Hello!
My name is Doua Yang. I am currently a senior studying Family Social Science and hoping to minor in Social Justice. This past semester, I took an introduction course to social justice. I loved it so much, I knew this trip would be a perfect fit to expand my interest. What makes it even more exciting is that I've always wanted to go to South Africa! It's funny because I've never even traveled outside of the Midwest, let alone, been on an airplane... I am extremely nervous but of course, more excited!
Reasons for Going:
· Great interest in (South) African beauty, culture, and customs
· Great interest in social justice
· South Africa has so much history and I am looking forward to getting hands-on experience
· First time out of the country
· I do expect many friendships and tight-knit relationships to be made
· Looking forward to a life changing experience
Hopes for Yourself:
· Its funny, I got a fever just last night so I hope to be healthier during this trip
· I hope to survive the plan ride... haha
· Have fun, learn a lot, and make new friends!