DNP Happenings in California

Hello DNP Cohort I! Happy New Year to you all! I am attending the AACN 2008 Conference on Doctoral Education January 23-26 in Florida, http://www.aacn.nche.edu/Conferences/08DocConf.html and have an extra bed in my hotel room if anyone is planning to attend and would like to share. I snore, bring earplugs.

On another note, I am meeting tomorrow with the dean of my alma mater NP school of nursing who wants to talk with me about developing a DNP program at SJSU! This meeting is at her request! Will keep you posted.

Need a blog master

Dear freinds, In order to make this web site really yours, you will need a volunteer blog master to edit the comments as they come in. I have done this up to now knowing that you were all a little busy. When someone volunteers, I will eliminate myself from the list of those who can publish on this site. Congratulations to all!

Continue reading "Need a blog master" »

Wow

After a short break over the holiday. It still hasn't hit me that I'm finished. I expect to come back and write like the mad woman I have become over this past year. In my forward on the paper, I wrote that this has been academic anguish. Thank God it is over and we all accomplished a lot in one year. We reinvested and approved a lot of wheels this last year. Good luck to each and everyone of you and I will see you at the year reunion if not before.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years Break before going back to work as official Doctors of Nursing Practice.

Finishing strong

Dear friends, I have some idea of how hard you are working this last month. I am here to cheer you on and give you some food for thought.
"It is time for us to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever, the one who recognizes the challenge and does something about it." Vince Lombardi
You ARE the doers. How many other nurses have you spoken to who say, "Gee, I'ld like to get my doctorate some day>" Your day is today and you are out there doing it, not thinking of a million reasons why it cannot be done.

"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try." Beverly Sills. No one here will be doomed for lack of trying! This group of nurses amazes me - full time students, full time jobs, mission trips, kids, partners, professional activities. Wonder Women all (Except Garrett, of course. He is Superman).

"Each of us is great insofar as we perceive and act on the infinite possibilities which lie undiscovered and unrecognized about us." James Harvey Robinson
How many things you have discovered about yourselves! The courage and strength of each individual is only overshadowed by the strength of the group.

Greta, this one's for you: "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds". Albert Einstein.

Enough for now. You are coming into the last leg of this incredible journey. Keep the chin up so you can feel the wind in your hearts. Kathy

Where are my colleagues?

Wow, my first blog creation! Life is full of adventures. I have created this blog site for the first cohort of DNP students to keep on touch with each other. You have had an amazing experience together. It is my hope that you will continue to support each other professionally and personally. Start blogging!