George Zimmerman's bail set at $150,000

A Florida judge on Friday set George Zimmerman's bail at $150,000 and imposed restrictions on his release from jail, in the shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, the New York Times reported.

In setting the bail, the judge, Kenneth R. Lester Jr., said that Zimmerman could have no contact with Martin's family and no access to alcohol or firearms and that his movements would be monitored electronically.

Judge Lester also set a curfew that would require Zimmerman to remain at home from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. and require him to check in with authorities every three days.

Zimmerman offered an apology to the victim's parents, who were in the courtroom.

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son. I did not know how old he was," Zimmerman said in his first public remarks since the Feb. 26 shooting. "I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. I did not know if he was armed or not."

Benjamin Crump, an attorney for the Martin family, dismissed Zimmerman's apology as self-serving. Crump said that on a website Zimmerman established to help raise legal and living expenses, Zimmerman "never once said 'I'm sorry,'" Crump said at a news conference. "Why today?" the Los Angeles Times reported.