« Digital Art - Paul - Part II Anita Wallace | Main | Pao's project idea »

wild poppies: autobiographical biopsies Anita Wallace

The working title of my independent project is "wild poppies: autobiographical biopsies." The project will explore the themes of body and identity as I search through past photos of myself to find myself as an artist and filmmaker. I will include appropriated footage. Multiple layers of visual and audio material will explore aesthetics, memoir, and poetry on multiple temporal-spatial planes with layered sound tracks that will include some sort of music or harmonic sound, personal narration, tidbits of poetry, and a piece that over time I write and rewrite in stream of consciousness and automatic format. I call this "warm-up" piece doing my ABCs, an elementary exercise that I use to get started when I am stuck on writing or working on a project. The piece will continue exploring personal narrative in a lyrical poetry format. Since I have spring fever it will most likely feature some element of spring and rebirth as a sub-topic with images of nature, birds, flowers, woods, fields, and water--perhaps rain. I will also explore the medium as I sort out my personal journey.

Video using still photos, appropriated, and new footage, edited in Final Cut Pro. The audio will be personal narrative, appropriated sound, my own and other found writings. Poppies are symbolic of remembrance and death. They are the source of opium and heroin, but are visually captivating to observe as a form. They are emblematic of hypnotism, of sleep, and of the subconscious. These are other ideas I hope to successfully explore in this piece.

I was just seeking this info for some time. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your website. I wonder what is the lack of Google strategy that don't rank this kind of informative websites in top of the list. Normally the top websites are full of garbage.