the Inter-Active and the In-Tangible
The final project presents you with an opportunity to fully realize a piece that can be experienced by people who have no knowledge of your intentions.
This is in contrast to the Touch project that was intended to be in process, with a focus on the sensory experience of Touch and less emphasis on the relationship between the sensory input and the experience that would be activated.
A conversation exploring experiences related to your ideas of what is interactive and what is intangible provided points of departure. Some people proposed alternative final project topics as well.
We have had periodic discussions to provide feedback and to support your process of developing your final presentation.
Everyone is involved in some aspect of new work, things that you have not explored technically and/or conceptually. A significant part of the process involves problem-solving, perseverance and seeking existing resources to help you as you continue. Each of you has already shown a capacity for this process.
Although it can be challenging, do not lose sight of the experience that you are imagining.
We are looking forward to experiencing your new works.
Please document your work.
- Written project description
- Concept drawing and/or diagram of your project idea
- Video of your prototype in action. (you can archive your video via Media Mill)
- Photo of your prototype.
- Close up photo of your electronics/circuits.
- Photo or Screen grab of your program.
- Uploaded file of your program.
- Description of what, if anything, you would change about this project