Artist Presentations are designed to encourage you to find out about a range of artists who are working in the genre of New Media :: Making Art Interactive.
Chose an artist or collaborative group of artist as the focus of your presentation.
Plan a 20 minute presentation followed by a discussion based on a question that you pose to the group.
Include the following in your Artist Presentation:
- Background information about the artist.
- Discuss what attracted you to the work of this artist.
- Highlight two examples of this artist's work and and use these to describe the artist's relationship to ideas of interactivity.
-Describe how these works relate to the artist's larger body of work.
- Relate this artist, via content, process, technology, perspective, etc. to that of another contemporary artist or artists from another time period.
Discuss how this artist's work informs your own thinking.
Following your presentation, enter a post on the blog that includes:
- a description of why you chose this artist
- links to examples of the artist's work
- a discussion of how this artist's work and/or process informs your thinking.
Introduce yourself to the work of a range of artists:
- Stephen Wilson's links
- Amy Young's links
- Ken Rinaldo's links
- Hiroshi Ishii's Tangible Media Group