« Robin Schwartzman | Main | Matt Wenger - Interests »

Robin Schwartzman

What attracted you to this class? I've wanted to advance some of my sculptural and installation works into being much for interactive. My interest is in transforming a space and encouraging a viewer to participate and play within it.

What do you hope to learn? I hope to learn some basic programming and electronics to effectively accomplish some of my ideas. In addition, I'd like to see what other artists are doing with new media.

What comes to mind when you think about contemporary art? Theory and content are just as important, if not more important than skill. Having a voice a making it known through art.

Who are some of your favorite artists or creative inspirations? Tonya Solley Thornton, Chris Dacre, Sarah Applebaum. Artists who can effectively transform a plain gallery space into an exciting and interesting new world.

What is your most memorable experience of art as it occurs to you at this moment? When I was in high school, our class went on a field trip to the Whitney Biennial. This was the first time that I experienced contemporary art and could more thoroughly understand its content. I remember how exciting it was to realize that art could be more than a well drawn picture, that it had the power to reveal so much about humanity and the world we live in.

What is your favorite form of technology and how do you use it? I'll go with the basics and say the internet...I can't get enough of the endless information and communication it gives me.