Recently in independent project Category

Final Project

http://mediamill.cla.umn.edu/mediamill/embedqt/92901

Anna Buresh

David Kosal Independent Project Video

Jared and Oliver's Project idea

Ok so we are going to do a mixture or stop motion and a slide show of photo graphic works. We decided on light graffiti for our artistic focus. we are going to travel around different spots in Minneapolis which will be documented via stop motion. Then we will go into slide show mode and display the works we created. the real beauty comes with the use of unique light brushes. we are going to look for interesting mobile light sources that will create unique paintings over the urban landscape.

Independent project-Alex McRandall

I have reached a conclusion to what I believe I want my final project to be. I have decided to go with my original proposal and make a face out of various images. I have a basic idea of what images I want to use to make up certain portions of the face, but I don't know them all yet. I know that I want nothing on the image that I haven't placed there for a specific reason. I'm really excited to get started and hope it turns out as well as I'm imagining it will.

Independent project thoughts

So I am thinking about making a music video for my independent project- i think i know exactly what i have to record to have an effect on people- my goal is to make people want to hit the replay button.

Justin's Independent Project Idea

So far, I think I want to do video as my media because so far it has interested me the most, but I somehow want to incorporate multiple medias. I want this project to be different than anything else I have done so far. I want to maybe have exploration as the focus. I don't really have any solid ideas yet but I want this project to have a definite statement to it.

Independent project concept- Alex McRandall

As of now, I'm considering going back to Photoshop. I'm a little unsure of what I want to do exactly. For some reason, the image that keeps popping into my head is one of a face that takes up the entire image. The face is made up of various aspects of my life, for example, the lips are made of Arabic text and the eyes are reflecting various thoughts I have. I think my greatest difficulty will be incorporating all of my ideas fluidly into one image. I don't want it to like like a shoddy collage, I want the first thing identified to be the image of a face followed by recognition of its composition.

David Kosal Project Concept

I am thinking of doing the theme of identity again except maybe a little more abstract this time. I would probably end up using video for my choice. The theme would be leaning toward fitting in a group or society so it would start out with someone or something trying to fit in or realizing that they are different from everybody else. I'm just wondering if I should include myself to make it more realistic or if I should use inanimate objects to make it more abstract. I would also like to learn more about transitions and more effects, especially zooming or blur and overlapping videos.

What I have in mind for my Independent Project

I know exactly what I want to do for my independent project. I am going to make a short film/clip. And that's all that I have so far. :) I know that I want to make a film of some sort, probably from 3 to 5 minutes long, with overly exaggerated sound effects. With that being said, my media of choice is film and sound. What I'm going to film is unsure but one thing that's for certain is, it's going to be a mini story of some sort with a beginning, middle, and end (maybe). My goal is to make it entertaining with full of humor, or at least I hope it'll be funny for the audience. I hope at the end, I'll have ample of time to edit the piece and won't have to do any re-shoots, unlike the last time for my video project.

Olivers Independent project thoughts

I am still really not sure as to what I am going to do for my final project. There is a chance that I might be using video, but I was a little turned off of it for now due to all of the technical difficulties that I experienced with the last video project, even though I was happy with my final result in the end. I am leaning towards doing my final project with stop-motion, involving clay. Working with stop-motion was really appealing to me, and I really wanted to do something with clay just because of its malleability, and the possibilities for animation that it has. I hope to construe some sort of narrative through the process, but it might not be a narration in the traditional sense.