Recently in nash gallery + fresh works Category

Akuoma Omeoga's Reflection

The first thing I noticed about this piece is that there are duplicates of one item and that item was a hand in the shape of a fist. There are many fists that are coming out of the wall- it gives the illusion of people reaching out to you. I find it interesting that this piece of art could have so many different meanings. I found it to mean strength and unity because of how everything is multiplied. So my question to the artist would be, what do the multiple fists mean?

Nash Gallery-Logan Hussung

I thought most of the art was very interesting and mostly different. They were like just paintings. There were abstract sculptures, visual art, and more. I think my favorite piece was either the visual recording of explosions which I think was called boom or i liked fists. Fists was a relief sculpture of closed fists coming out of the walls and i thought that looked pretty cool. Most of the other art was kind of plain to me but that my just be my opinion.

Nash Art Gallery

While looking through the Nash Art Gallery, a piece of artwork entitled "The Arc of Power" caught my attention. The piece included several large fists attached to the wall in a linear formation curving upward. It first caught my interest because the fists were all painted white, as if they were meant to somewhat blend into the wall. The way that they were assembled reminded me of the mouth on a smiley face, making me wonder whether the artist intended to create this illusion, or if there is a different meaning. It continues to interest me because as I try to analyze the title, I cannot come up with a reason for the pieces to be arced the way it is, and what would associate that with "power". My question for the artist would then be, what makes you formate the fists in an arc, and how does that relate to the title given to the piece?

-Anna Buresh

Nash Gallery Reflection

The one piece that lingered on my mind after my visit to the Nash Gallery was the piece done by Eun-Kyung Suh called '87. The piece first drew me in with its color: yellow. The images that the artist used was so sad that I wanted to know more, wanting to know the story behind the pictures. It's because of their faces of sorrow that kept me interested. '87 is apiece made up of small cubes (a lot of little boxes) made of yellow cloth with black and white images on selective cubes. From a far, the boxes seem to be composed into a statement in the Korean language. The question that I would like to ask the artist is, if you were to only use one picture of all the pictures used in this piece, which picture do you think would best represent the piece overall?

Reflection: An evening at the Nash

One of the pieces in the gallery that really kept me thinking was by Clarence Morgan - about a 6 by 6 piece that looked like a chaotic mix of distorted flowers, with mostly black but also white and gray mixed in. The first thing I noticed was the scale of the piece and how when I looked at it from different lengths it completely changed. The scale of this piece and the tiny yellow dot in the middle kept my interest. I also enjoyed how I got lost in the piece, it was really interesting. The question that I would pose on the artist is why did she add the little yellow dot in the middle, what does it represent, and what were her thoughts on how she made it.

nash gallery + fresh works

While visiting the current exhibition of faculty work in the Nash gallery and graduate student work in the Quarter Gallery notice which works of art attract you.

Experience all of the works in the exhibition and then return to the work that continues to be most interesting to you.

Include the following in your reflections:

-What did you first noticed about this art work?
- What continues to interest you in it?
- How would you describe it to someone who is unable to experience it in the gallery?
- Pose a question that you would like to ask the artist?