Chose a contemporary (living) artist or collaborative group of artist as the focus of your presentation.
Select an artist whose work with digital media relates to the areas that interest you and/or are introduced in the Digital Art text including digital imaging, sound art, video art, interactive art, experimental art.
Include the following in your Artist Presentation:
- Background information about the artist.
- Discuss what attracted you to the work of this artist.
- Highlight two examples of this artist's work and use these to describe the artist's relationship to the ideas that inform this work.
-Describe how these works relate to the artist's larger body of work.
- Relate this artist, via content, process, technology, perspective, etc. to that of another contemporary artist or an artist from another time period.
- Discuss how this artist's work and/or process informs your own thinking.
- Pose a question to the group that is a catalyst for discussion.
>>>>>Following your presentation<<<<<
- enter a post on the blog that includes the information described above
- links to examples of the artist's work
- Statement describing how this artist's work and/or process informs your thinking.
Stephen Wilson's links to artists working within the larger context of Art & Technology.
ubuweb list sound and video artists among others. Confirm that you have selected an artist who includes the use of digital technologies in her or his work or perhaps an artist who use digital media as their artistic medium.