« Ray Lee Presentation | Main | Embodied Sound Project Idea-Kelsey »

Bernhard Leitner-Kelsey

"I believe that it is a very important fact that the body be understood as an autonomous acoustic instrument, as an integral acoustic sensorium. The hollow spaces of the body, the bones, the way the sound is transmitted in the body, how it passes through the skin, and how it is transmitted on. In this sense, the point is to open up, to allow sounds and sound motions to penetrate the body, let them resonate in the body. The average person is, I think, paved over in an acoustic, physical sense. He is apprehensive when sound penetrates him, resonates in him, and then vibrates out of him again" Bernhard Leitner.

His website: bernhardleitner.at/en/index.html

Born in Austria 1938. Degree in architecture from Vienna technical University in 1963. From 1969-1978 Bernhard began his experiments on sound space work and early soundscape objects. Since 1987 he is a professor of Media Art at the University of Applied Arts in Vienna.

The works I presented: Sound Cube, 1971; Sound Chair, 1976; Le Cylindre Sonore, 1987; Headscapes, 2003.

NO HABLO INGLES NECESITO TODA LA INFORMACION POSIBLE SOBRE EL LIBRO DE BERNHARD LEITNER -SOUND SPACE-.NO IMPORTA EL IDIOMA