Failing Format

This is an audio-visual piece that I made that reacts to the cursor movement. I see this more as an instrument than a video or audio piece. This work mostly deals with my connection and sometimes disconnection with technology. It represents how in my art and life technology plays a key role, but there is a constant struggle between reality, my own perception of reality, and a sort of technological reality that seem to collide or at least form how I view and create. I wanted to show a rather fragmented view because these forms of reality come together to form subjective views that seem to inspire me in different ways. By dealing with my body it shows some sense of reality or the realness of a person in front of a camera. The colors and multiple bodies represent my own aesthetic take on reality, while the pixelated video and weird computer noise represent a sort of technological reality or technological take on reality.

enjoy,

please.jpeg

Download file

TwoMinuteSoundPiece

Download file

Embodied Sound Experiment

So, we each made a piezo (spelling?), and thought I would put mine to use. I tried all kinds of things, but my most successful endeavor was when I did not try at all. this piece, entitled Cellphone Junkie, is the result of letting the peizo just do its own thing, after picking up cell phone reception. This is also the last assignment of my undergraduate college career!

Cellphone Junkie

This is a site-sound piece

There was no category for 'embodied sound,' so here is my site-sound piece.
Two-minute Morning

This Is the Sound of

Here is my embodied piece -

This Is the Sound of . . .

Embodied Mix

Sound that I had the good courtesy to relieve my t-bone of. Oooo, please work.
Download file

Embodied Sound Documentation

Add the documentation of your embodied sound work in this category.

Include a sound file and, if relevant, an image of the the object, space or phenomena.

Your embodied sound work may be inspired by the piezo and DIY mini-amplifier that you made, our circuit bending explorations or a divergent interest that you brought to this project.