Initial Studio Critique:
The initial studio critique is your opportunity to determine the focus of your critique and the process of your critique. This is your opportunity to determine what you what to present or make available for critique and how you want the group to participate in the process. I encourage you to experiment with the studio critique concept and modes of engagement. Your will have 30 minutes
These experiences will contribute to our collective, semester-long, creative research related to the studio critique – including it’s origins, functions, biases, power dynamics, unique benefits, and its relationship to context.
Following your critique, post your refections on the blog including:
- how you chose to focus and structure the experience
- why you chose this particular focus
- how you determined the structure that you introduced
- what proceeded as you expected
- what surprised you
- what if anything you would advise others to include in the studio critique process.