Studio critique philosophy:
1. Before the viewers says anything, I think it is important to ask the artist what type of critique he or she is seeking, unless they wish to not speak.
2. Because it is a â€śstudio critique,â€? I donâ€™t know if it is necessary to show completed work.
3. Comments about work should be helpful, not inconsiderate and demeaning,
4. The question concerning the â€śreal art worldâ€? should be banished.
5. I think it is important to remember this is graduate school, a place where experimentation, failures, and success coincide.
6. When speaking about work thatâ€™s sensitive, I still think it is important to consider its content and form.
7. I think it is important to step of into an abyss of questions. Swimming in such a place could evoke a number of important discoveries.
8. It is important to remember who is the artist.
9. Trust is important. Do I trust this personâ€™s opinion? This is a good question to ask.
10. Its good to not have all the answers.