Recently in Work in Progress Category

Process

0422101629-00.jpg

I was very interested in using this suede material for the cover. It reminded me of a really old notebook that was kept for records or something. The suede did not work out for the cover because it was decided that it was too traditional looking.

0422101630-00.jpg

I tried to stitch around the illustrations to add a more tactile page. The paper was tricky to stitch through and I wasn't sure if it would stay put or not.

0422101630-01.jpg

ILLUSTRATIONS

Book Illustrations - New Mythical CReatures idea

Some illustrations that I did for my book. My idea had become more of each page having a story about each creature within their myths. And the story to be accompanied by an illustration.

Maps. maps. and maps.

I guess I just really like the look of maps. I would like to use different maps to create shapes for the outer edge of my book. I would like for my book to have kind of a topographic feel. If I can only create that on one edge that would still be a nice touch

Bad at Blogging

WOW. I suck at keeping a blog! I am a little behind on my entries but hopefully I can catch you up quick!! Soooo, I will start now...

my artist book

My idea has been evolving more into an artist book. I have decided to focus more on the format of the book than the actual graphics right now. I want to create a format that focuses more on shape of the pages. I still want to use some kind of maps throughout the book and cut them out so the shape protrudes out of the book. I like the look of the book on this link. The kind of map-like grid in the background is kind of the feeling want to have in my book.

my work in progressssss

I decided for this project I am going to be designing something in book form. I haven't totally decided what format I want to use for the book yet but I have found a few examples that are pretty neat. The link I will attach shows some ideas. A few of the books that are shown on the link use maps inside the books. I really like the idea of using old maps and printing on top of them. I would like to have different panels that you can open up when you look at the book, so the reader can kind of choose what they look at as they go. I want to try to use foamcore cut-outs to give it some depth and texture. That's all for now. I will try to post some sketches soon!

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Work in Progress category.

Recently Noticed is the previous category.