Stuck on the Tip of Your Tongue

Vote 1 Vote

One crazy, but very real phenomenon that I deal with daily is called the Tip-Of-The-Tongue Phenomenon. This occurs when someone knows the answer to a question, but can't come up with it. It is probably one of the most frustrating memory issues that everyone has dealt with at least once in their life. The interesting thing about this phenomenon is that investigators have proven that usually when people believe an answer is at the tip of their tongue, they are correct! Scientists believe that these situations are due not to information not getting stored in our memory, but having trouble retrieving the information that is in there somewhere! Research has shown that if we are given the first letter of a word that we are trying to muster up, we can typically come up with the answer.
tot cartoon.gif
So, the next time you believe you know an answer but, for the life of you, cannot seem to come up with it, know that you are not the only one who suffers from this painfully irritating occurrence. Even butchers have trouble once in a while!

Thank God I am not the only one!

Seriously, this happens so often that I just take it for granted. I try not to fixate on the fact that I cant remember a detail and try to keep the thought going and that usually brings it to mind.

When all else fails there is always Google!

Perhaps that is why this is becoming a more common occurance, since we likely feel that we don't need to remember things quite as well since we know we can always find it later on the internet.

Yeah it can be seen with many of people!

Procera AVH