Importance of Psychology

psychology004.jpg

After taking the Introduction to Psychology course this semester the concepts I will remember the best will be the Scientific Thinking Principles. Not only do they appear on nearly every page in our textbook, but they also show up on every exam. These crucial terms will help my critical thinking skills as I continue in education. Ruling out rival hypothesis, correlation vs. causation, falsifiability, replicability, extraordinary claims, and occam's razor are huge for the course and the field of psychology. I will use things like Occam's Razor in everyday when I am wondering how I locked myself out of the dorm, and figuring out that crop circles, were a prank. I have learned to re-evauluate claims made by people and making sure that there is always evidence for the experiments. The psychology course will help me determine validity from people and ideas from now on.

My Favorite post of the week was: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/wlas0006/1001/2011/12/psychology-behind-rain-man.html