Fear...Is it all in our minds???

I wasn't surprised to find out that the amygdala and memory are connected. When you think about it, it is our memory that helps us learn how we will respond to certain situations. I can definitely put some real life application to this subject matter.
Once upon a time there was a little girl named Latricia Jackson. She was walking home from school on a cold Minnesota Winter day. Suddenly. when she was 10ft from her house, a dog jumped on her. To this day she is still afraid of dogs. Doesn't matter how big or small

dog.bmp

Even though I am 24yrs old now, when I'm out and I see a dog, in my mind I say "you're ok, you're not afraid of this dog." Yet the minute it gets too close to me I jump and I'm out of there! It's like the memory of what happened when I was younger is the only thing that allows me to have this fear. If I couldn't recall the incident I truly do believe I would be fine.

I know eventually I will have to get over this fear, my boyfriend would like for us to have a dog someday. Where does one begin?

quotes-about-courage-1.jpg