Lets Get Fearless!

Amygdala a small area in the brain that makes us conscious of our fear, anger, and pleasure. The articles showed us that with the removal of the amygdala we might be fearless, not phased by anything that would normally freak us out (e.g, snakes, sharks, or spiders). So essentially if we didn't have our amygdala we wouldn't be scared to do anything!

I am terrified of swimming in lakes and oceans because of what animals are in them. Last year I went tubing for the first time. I was clinging to the tube trying to stay on with no part of my body touching the water. But then the unexpected and worse possible outcome happened. The tube started going underwater. At that point if I didn't have my amygdala I wouldn't have been scared. I wish then I hadn't had my amygdala that day because that experience ruined tubing for me.

This link may be scary for some of you if you are scared of spiders. I personally could never do this, but you are pretty much asking for it if you are on fear factor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_BSPgnvmHM

What are you scared of?