Are you my mother?

Have you ever seen a duck, geese or another bird follow another animal like it was their mother? Well biologically, no but psychologically, yes! This is because of imprinting, more specifically filial imprinting- when a young animal recognizes the characteristics of its parent or the first suitable, moving stimulus they saw. An Austrian zoologist, Konrad Lorenz, studied this phenomenon with greylag geese. He provided evidence that supported the hypothesis of when incubated hatched geese imprint on the first subject that portrayed the characteristics of a mother, even if it was not the same species. His results showed himself as the subject in which the young goslings imprinted upon. Filial imprinting occurs in many nidifugous birds (who leave the nest shortly after hatching) and reptiles. Wouldn't it be great to have a baby croc imprint upon you?

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Konrad_Lorenz

Lorenz.gif

My favorite entry is "Zombie Ants!" because I am very interested on how organisms in our natural world can affect humans. Even though this is ants it still gets my attention and raises questions.
My next favorite would have to be "How to Spot a Liar" because I like that she talked about how even though society relates lying to negativity everyone is still guilty of doing it and continue to do it even after they connect the relationship.
My last favorite entry is "A Game of Emotion" not only does it have a cool twist to its title but he also used an example that I can easily relate to, hockey, and how your emotions are on a roller coaster when you are out on the ice.

I do think it would be pretty cool to have a baby anything imprint on me. I wonder if pretty much any animal would. Or if a baby could be miss imprinted on someone or another animal?