Blame It On My Friends

pokemon.jpg

Do you have any friends? Most likely the answer is yes and if it's no, you should find one as they can be the ones to blame if you ever get in trouble!
I read the Peer vs. Parents section in Human development and found it extremely interesting. Though it doesn't go very in depth into the findings, I agree that peers could possibly be more of an influence than that of the parents. I feel that there's been numerous of cases where everyone has done something, that they normally wouldn't have done, in order to fit in a certain type of groups. Also, with children learning at very young ages, with just first impressions of the things that their peers do could influence them to think differently. Though Judith Rich Harris' claim may not be 100% accurate, I believe there are some truth in it and that peers do shape the development of a child's social life more than their parents.

Have your parents ever tell you to not surround yourself around a certain type of people?

Favorite Blogs:
1) "Can Money Buy Happiness?" I like this post because it poses the question that I think everyone has heard before numerous times. It's always an interesting topic to pick at and discuss and the photo that he provided was just great.
2)"Are You My Mother?" Would probably my second favorite. I'm really interested in topics regarding animals and psychology, I find the animals love for the man extremely interesting.
3)"Does your significant other look like he/she could be your sibling?!" I like this post because it brought up a topic, that I think, is kind of uncomfortable. I don't think anyone wants to think that their boy/girlfriend looks like their sister/brother!