Mozart Babies

I found the article in our about The Mozart Effect to be rather interesting. The article described that a group of students that listened to a Mozart piano sonata shows a significant improvement on a spatial reasoning task compared to a group that listened to a relaxation tape.

The press soon got ahold of these results and ran with them. Before long companies were making Mozart tapes and CD's geared towards babies, claiming that they will boost an infant's intelligence. But can listening to a certain genre of music really make a child smarter?

Later research showed that the effect shown in the college students was due an increase in emotional arousal. Short-term arousal boosts alertness and is likely to increase performance on mentally demanding tasks. So while it can be a good idea to let young children listen to Mozart's work, it won't turn them into tiny geniuses.

mozartcolor.jpeg

My favorite blog post was "How to Spot a Liar" by byexx102. I liked it because it was easy to read and understand and the attached video was great.

My next favorite post was "Why People Don't Like to Touch Strangers" by cenxx009. I really liked the image used in this post and the writer did a good job of explaining his points.

My third favorite post was "No More Chinese for Her" by goss0092. I liked this one because I love food and I can relate to her and her sister.