Why So Similar?

It is very interesting how people are attracted to the ones who are similar to them in many ways. Not only psychology but also social psychology is interested in this matter. People are tend to find their mates from the same neighbourhood, same school and even from the same class. The reasons are that long distance relationships are always costly and therefore people disregard it. And when the distance comes into prominence, people just lose their attractiveness, thus, they look for others.. Also people are most likely to be attracted to those whose political views, social status and other interests, such as hobbies, are similar. After all, I think that similarity itself is very attracting and this is why people get so excited when they think they found their "soul-mates". We always look for the ones who are similar to us. These are like one of the most important facts that determine a social relationship. In other words, it doesn't always have to be a romantic relationship; it could be a friendship, business relationship, team-mate, etc...

Photobucket

My favourite blog post from writing 3 was by zier0052; Hollywood vs. Amnesia. I thought it was such an interesting post in that it said, "Do you think it's bad that film makers twist scientific topics to create a better plot, giving off the wrong impression of amnesia to the public?". Zier0052 was right. I mean amnesia is a very serious illness and in the movie it was presented like it is a game.

I really like how you separated the different relationships that people can have and still connected them together. A theme I would like to suggest in your text is that although a lot of what you said is true, there could be more emphasis on how it is mostly true although not always. Maybe explain why two very similar sibling can detest each other so.